Thanks to modern technologies, physicians and fertility specialists have made a significant step forward in the storage of high-quality biological samples. It is possible to achieve long term preservation with the help of cryopreservation (freezing).
Today, cryopreservation is a widely used reproductive technology:
- Female and male gametes;
- Ovarian Chlorenchyma.
It is believed that using this method of preservation material can be stored unlimited amount of time, subject to the effective functioning of the equipment. However, data and research on the effect of prolonged freezing on the quality of biological material are not yet available.
Indications for cryopreservation with subsequent storage of eggs are:
- Age. If a woman considers motherhood in perspective, but pregnancy does not arise in her plans at this stage of her life. Reproductive experts recommend retrieving oocytes at the age under 35 for further storage in a cryobank. In the future, the egg can be used for the procedure of in vitro fertilization.
- Oncological, autoimmune and other diseases, in the course of treatment of which the follicular reserve may decrease.
- Anomalies, including chromosomal, that cause early menopause.
- Surgery with damage and disruption of the activity of the ovaries.
- The upcoming course of chemotherapy and / or radiation therapy.
- Inadequate response to hormonal stimulation during IVF preparation. In this case, cryopreservation allows you to collect and store a sufficient number of eggs suitable for fertilization.
Sperm cryopreservation is indicated in the following cases:
- Upcoming vasectomy, if the patient plans paternity in the future.
- Excretory infertility, not amenable to treatment with reconstructive surgery.
- Traumatic and other injuries of the spinal cord resulting in impaired ejaculation.
- Upcoming chemo and / or radiation therapy.
In the above states, the sperm is collected by the aspiration method.
Cryopreservation of embryos and their subsequent storage is performed for:
- Preservation of the viability of embryos obtained during in vitro fertilization. It is used in the case when there are more than two high-quality germs obtained.
- Embryo implantation after some time.
The ovarian parenchyma is frozen and stored for further autotransplantation. For cryopreservation, the whole ovary or individual sections of the cortical layer can be used. Subsequently, the cryomaterials are transplanted into a healthy ovary. This technique is effective for the preservation of reproductive function in a number of pathologies that serve as a cause of impaired fertility.
Entering your comment.
* All your information is strictly confidential and will not be disclosed