There are many reasons why single people, or couples are forced to resort to assisted reproductive technologies to create a full-fledged family, one of which is a surrogacy motherhood program. The search for a surrogate mother is an extremely important and demanding task. Some intended parents are inclined to cooperate with a surrogate mother, they already know, for example, a relative or close friend ready to undertake such an honorable role in their life. For other purposes, the search for a surrogate mother can be a very difficult stage, requiring a lot of time and effort. If you are thinking about increasing your family with an independent search for a surrogate mother, you should consider a number of details and pitfalls that you may encounter.
First of all, it should be remembered that all responsibility for planning and controlling the stages of the program lies entirely with you. Stages of the program and the sequence may vary, but in general you need to take the following steps:
- Find a surrogate mother.
- Make sure that your requirements and desires of the surrogate mother are fully met.
- Find a lawyer specializing in surrogate law, which will carry out legal support.
- Coordinate all medical procedures with clinics and individuals.
- Select specialists from whom you will receive counseling and support during the surrogate motherhood program.
- These steps need to be taken into account when drawing up your individual surrogate motherhood plan.
- The process of independent search for a surrogate mother may look different depending on the situation in each family. If future parents are not yet familiar with the potential surrogate mother, they can find it using such methods as:
- Personal communications
- Social networks
- Surrogacy motherhood search websites
- Assistance of law firms
Depending on your circumstances and goals, conducting a surrogate motherhood program without an agency can be appropriate for a number of reasons:
- The cost of surrogate motherhood may be lower, because you will not pay for the agency's services.
- You will have more opportunity to communicate with a potential surrogate mother without the presence of strangers, which will make communication more intimate and calm.
- Physicians and lawyers will be the only strangers who will take part in your surrogate motherhood program.
Surrogate motherhood programs performed independently is viable and optimal for some future parents, there are a number of problems that need to be addressed before deciding on an independent search for a surrogate mother. Here are some of the difficulties that you may have to face when searching for a surrogate mother by yourself:
- Because of independent advertising campaigns and social networking search are ineffective, you may face large advertising costs and longer waiting times.
- If you are looking for a surrogate mother yourself, you will not be able to screen, which will make you more vulnerable and susceptible to fraud.
- You and the surrogate mother will be deprived of psycho-emotional and information support, that is necessary throughout the program.
- When searching for a surrogate mother on your own, it is much more difficult to maintain confidentiality.
Looking for a surrogate mother is rather a difficult challenge. Specialists of the agency on surrogate motherhood will significantly facilitate and accelerate it, but you can also find a surrogate mother yourself. Future parents should clearly understand all the stages of the process and be ready for the difficulties in finding and choosing before deciding to look for a surrogate mother on their own.
Entering your comment.
* All your information is strictly confidential and will not be disclosed