After embryotransphere, absolute rest for 10-15 minutes is recommended. Then, from the operating room, the patient is transferred to the ward, where they recommend resting another hour and a half. An embryo in a special environment, after transfer, cannot independently "go" beyond the uterus. Lying on the bed should be in a comfortable position. To increase blood flow to the pelvis, you can put a pillow under your legs.
Within a few days of embryotransphere, the following may appear:
• change of taste sensations and sense of smell;
• increased urination, but normally it should not cause discomfort, much less pain;
• subfebrile temperature;
• Feeling of breast spread;
• Minor allocations.
Symptoms may indicate a successful attempt at fertilization, or be a consequence of hormone and drug therapy prescribed to maintain the lutein phase. Well-being after the transfer of embryos may not change. But this does not mean the failure of the protocol and the fact that conception did not happen. Only HCG and ultrasound analysis can produce reliable results.
Some manifestations (nausea, pulling sensations in the abdomen, malaise) may be associated with the psychological state of the expectant mother, her feelings about the results of the transfer. These are options for the norm, but you need to try to calm down.
Contraindicated to get behind the wheel. You don't need to go somewhere on the way and be among people. It is better to spend the rest of the day in a lying position, but strict bed rest is optional.
At home, recommended:
• avoid stress, negative emotions. Fright or stress response causes significant myometrium contractions, which may be the cause of unsuccessful embryo attachment;
• limit physical activity, active sports. Swimming, slow walks, easy work, easy exercises under the supervision of a trainer are allowed and even useful. Do not constantly lie in bed or sit so that blood does not stagnate in the genitals, but you can not overload;
• do not take hot baths, do not go to the sauna, bath.
The next 2 weeks after the transfer of embryos, it is recommended to alternate physical activity and rest, not to raise severity (more than two kg), not to tilt sharply forward. You can do the usual household chores, but in the afternoon it is better to lie down for an hour or two. You should tune in to any result, since high expectations in case of failure can lead to depressive disorder. Unstable psychoemotional background may negatively affect the following IVF attempts.
You should not do tests in advance without the permission of the gynecologist. If you hurry up, you can get a false negative answer, which will have a bad effect on the emotional state. And if a woman turns out to be pregnant, then negative reactions can damage the implantation processes.